Our topic this half-term in Year One is:
This project has a science focus and teaches the children about light, colour and electricity. At the heart of the project children will learn how to write poetry on a theme and develop additional skills in note making and sentence writing in order to remember and describe first hand experiences.
In the Innovate Stage children apply their skills and understanding by creating a range of light sources for the King of Sparkle.
In this project the children will learn:
• How to create a simple circuit;
• About the history of electricity;
• Which light sources are appropriate for which purpose;
• Why light is important to us and other cultures;
• How to present information using a variety of methods;
• How to use light and colour to create patterns, effects and express feelings;
• How to write simple poems on a theme.