At Ty Sign Primary School we are committed to promoting a “healthy lifestyle” for our children.
We aim to provide our children with information and opportunities to help them make informed choices, about looking after their bodies and being healthy.
To the children this means;
- All crisps and sweets are not allowed in school. Healthier corn snacks are available on Monday and Friday.
- We sell fruit, fruit juices and flavoured water every break time and children are encouraged to buy these items.
- We encourage all children to drink water. Water keeps the body and brain working well. Water contains no additives.
- We offer children a free breakfast club so they can have a good start to the day.
- We operate a school council and Eco-Council-these forums give our children a voice to express their opinions, needs and concerns.
- We encourage our children to play actively in the yard, providing them with a variety of games and equipment.